The APEX Accelerators, formally known as the Procurement Technical Assistance Program (PTAP), was authorized by Congress in 1985 to expand the number of businesses capable of participating in government contracts. The National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) for the FY 2020 ordered the PTAP to move to Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition and Sustainment (USD(A&S)); and the DoD Office of Small Business Programs (OSBP) began to manage and operate PTAP with a new name, APEX Accelerators, effective FY 2023. The APEX Accelerators program focuses on building a strong, sustainable, and resilient U.S. supply chains by assisting a wide range of businesses that pursue and perform under contracts with the DoD, other federal agencies, state and local governments and with government prime contractors.
Today, APEX Accelerators are placing an emphasis on helping underserved businesses that are eligible for certain government solicitations designed for the promotion of diversity, inclusion, and equity, and guiding them throughout the entire process. APEX Accelerators will continue increasing the number of Defense Industrial Base (DIB)-ready and Government Industrial Base (GIB, including local and state governments)-ready businesses including:
- Disadvantaged Businesses (SDBs)
- Historically Under-utilized Business Zones (HUBZones)
- Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Businesses (SDVOSBs)
- Women-Owned Small Businesses (WOSBs), and
- Other underserved small businesses
APEX Accelerators help businesses:
- Complete registration with a wide range of databases necessary for them to participate in the government marketplace (e.g., SAM).
- Identify which agencies and offices may need their products or services and how connect with buying agencies and offices.
- Determine whether they are ready for government opportunities and how to position themselves to succeed.
- Navigate solicitations and potential funding opportunities.
- Receive notifications of government contract opportunities on a regular basis.
- Network with buying officers, prime contractors, and other businesses.
- Resolve performance issues and prepare for audit, only if the service is needed, after receiving an award.
Cattaraugus APEX Accelerator (CattAPEX)
Helping area businesses win government contracts and subcontracts since 1987, the Cattaraugus APEX Accelerator (CattAPEX) can help take your business to the next level with our free one-on-one procurement advising, training & networking. If your New York State business is located our 15 county service area, contact us today to get started.
CattAPEX outreach, training, networking and other events are located on our calendar of events page. Our events as well as other events that may be of interest can be viewed at our TeamUp Calendar.
This APEX Accelerator is funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the Department of Defense(DoD). The content of any written materials or verbal communications of the APEX Accelerator does not necessarily reflect the official views of or imply endorsement by DoD or DLA.
NYS APEX Accelerators Map
Other Program Contact Info
NYC SBS PTAC covering New York City boroughs of Manhattan, Brooklyn and Staten Island plus Rockland, Nassau and Suffolk Counties
IgniteU PTAC covering Albany, Clinton, Columbia, Delaware, Dutchess, Essex, Franklin, Fulton, Greene, Herkimer, Jefferson, Lewis, Montgomery, Oneida, Onondaga, Orange, Oswego, Otsego, Putnam, Rensselaer, St. Lawrence, Saratoga, Schenectady, Schoharie, Sullivan, Ulster, Warren, Washington
LaGuardia APEX Accelerators covering Queens
MCFL APEX Accelerator covering Genesee, Livingston, Monroe, Ontario, Orleans, Seneca, Wayne, Wyoming and Yates, in addition to services in Cayuga and Onondaga
SOBRO PTAC covering Bronx
National Center for American Indian Enterprise Development Eastern BIA Service Area covering Native American Owned businesses anywhere in NYS